Wednesday, September 6, 2006

I hate it when that happens....

Dontcha hate it when you are determined to get to bed earlier than usual and as you are heading to bed and running through your mental list one last time you realize that you forgot to do a life-sized tracing of your child on butcher paper for your child's first day of preschool (and cut it out) so Miss Teacher can decorate it with old clothes that you also forgot to find and cut just right so they can be stapled onto said life-sized tracing that you had to wake your precious child up to do?

I hate it when that happens. (Yawn.)

6 comments:

  1. Didja already have said butcher paper? 'Cause shopping in pajamas can be very tiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, I suppose I shudda counted my blessings. But that also makes for that much more embarrassment that I forgot until 1:00 the night before baby girl's first day of school. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I'm finally calmed down and ready to sleep, and really need to be asleep, having put it off, when I remember something like that ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen,
    You said it. Every night is that way...my constant goal is to try to get to bed earlier. Ironically, that night was one of those nights that I was actually heading to bed an hour earlier than normal. Sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh. I'm reading this at 3:05 am. I guess I haven't gotten to the all-important "determined to get to bed earlier" part. Maybe tomorrow I'll try that and go to bed at 2:45...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison,
    Dare I say that I am glad to know I am not the only one living in another time zone.... :)

    ReplyDelete