Who is hoping for a Katherine Nelson CD? I have two copies that I'm excited to share. If you haven't had the chance to read a little about her, you can read the post I wrote a couple of days ago. http://michelle-dot-el.blogspot.com/2012/08/born-brave.html
I am not naturally a country-western-style kind of gal (which is the style of a lot of Katherine's music), so I'm not sure I would have picked up this CD on my own. As such, I was very grateful I had the chance to review this CD (thanks to yourLDSradio).
Once again, I leaned on my daughter for input (the one whose spirit resonates with music perhaps more than almost anything else). We agreed that her title song, "Born" was the favorite of the mix, although the more I study the lyrics of others, the more apt I am to have more than one favorite.
Katherine's songs speak to strength, courage, love, and resilience, unafraid to address pain and struggle, and unflinching in celebrating our inherent worth.
I've visited her blog (http://www.katherinenelson.com/blog/) and she's got some fun posts that give more insight into her personality and music and thoughts and life. (Tidbit: She likes hand-me-downs and thrift stores. My kind of woman.) She also has a spot where people can share their "Born Brave" moments. (http://www.katherinenelson.com/2012/08/22/what-was-your-most-recent-born-brave-moment/)
But all in all, besides her Emma post, I think the following video captures best why I'm now a fan of Katherine Nelson. She shares what she wrote on the inside jacket of the CD. I, too, believe that "When we strengthen women, we strengthen the world." And I love it when women use their talents to try to do just that. Thanks, Katherine!
OK, now for the giveaway. There are FIVE ways to enter this time.
1. Share the link to Katherine's video about strengthening women, either on your blog or your FB page. Remember, be sure to leave me a comment here so I know you have done it. I only put entries in from comments here (gotta draw a line somewhere and gotta keep things simple for myself, even though I know it's more work for you). Something as simple as 'Video' would be fine.
2. Share a "Born Brave" moment from your life (or from the life of someone you admire) on Katherine's blog (http://www.katherinenelson.com/2012/08/22/what-was-your-most-recent-born-brave-moment/). Be sure to let me know you've done it. A shorthand comment would work, but on this one, I'd love it if you just share the text of the comment here, too, so that we can be inspired. :)
3. LIKE Katherine's page. https://www.facebook.com/katherinenelsonmusic Leave a comment here letting me know you did it. "Liked" would be sufficient. :)
4. Share a link to Katherine's "Coming to Know Emma" post at Women in the Scriptures. If you haven't read it yet, do it. It's worth a few minutes.) And, you guessed it, leave a comment here letting me know you did it. "Emma link" is sufficient.
5. Like yourLDSradio on Facebook and comment here with something that says YourLDSRadio in the comment. (If you already liked them at a previous time, just let me know.)
*Did I mention not to forget to leave a comment here on every thing you have done?* Ahem.
Have fun. I'll do the drawing tomorrow (Thursday) at midnight. Ready. Set. Go!